Chosen header1

Sunday, June 14, 2009

 

Lieutenant Paul Mervis of 2 Rifles killed in Afghanistan





Read this It is with deep regret that the Ministry of Defence must confirm that Lieutenant Paul Mervis from The 2nd Battalion the Rifles (2 RIFLES) was killed as a result of an explosion during a deliberate operation near Sangin, northern Helmand Province, Afghanistan on the morning of 12 June 2009.

I was that which others did not want to be.
I went where others feared to go.
And did what others failed to do.
I asked nothing from those who gave nothing.
And reluctantly accepted the though of eternal loneliness should I fail.
I have seen the face of terror,
felt the stinging cold of fear.
And enjoyed the sweet taste of a moment's love.
I have cried, pained and hoped;
But most of all I have lived times others would say were best forgotten.
At least someday I will be able to say I was proud of what I was..
A soldier.

Comments:
I have linked to your site and quoted you, I hope you do not mind,

http://theangrycheese.blogspot.com/2009/06/why-unblooms-best-hope-ever-sown.html

My blog is dedicated to Christopher Bridge, late friend of my daughter.

Have you heard of Brian Gerrish, and Common Purpose?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?